Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
An easy meat-free curry that is high in fibre and tastes delicious. You can substitute other vegetables such as butternut squash or waxy potatoes. Serve with basmati or brown rice.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Mains
- Diet: Low Fat
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 400g tin chickpea, drained and rinsed
- Juice 1/2 lime
- large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 160g frozen chopped spinach
- slat and pepper
- Heat a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and add the oil. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, chilli, curry powder, and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the sweet potato chunks and stir to combine with the spices then add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, and chickpeas. bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Finally, add the frozen spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Check the seasoning and stir through the lime juices and coriander.
- Serve in deep bowls.
F&V 1, CHO 2.5, Protein 0.5, Fats 2, Extras 12 kcals
- Calories: 365kcals
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 8.8g
- Protein: 6.3g
Keywords: Healthy Meat-free curry