Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
It is important to add some texture to the recipe to compensate for not using onions. This is achieved by adding carrots and celery.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Mains
- 1 tsp garlic-infused oil
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and finely chopped
- 8 slices back bacon, diced
- 400g lean beef mince 5% fat
- 125ml white wine
- 500g tomato passata
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 strips of lemon peel
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Add the asafoetida, carrot, and celery and saute over medium heat for 1o minutes, mixing with a wooden spoon until softened.
- Add the bacon and mince and saute until all the moisture from the meat has evaporated.
- Add the wine and let it evaporate for a few minutes. Then add the passata, thyme, bay leaf, and seasoning. Simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the lemon peel and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the thyme, bay leaf, and lemon peel before serving with wheat-free pasta.
Keywords: Low FODMAP