Low FODMAP Cajun Chicken
This low FODMAP Cajun Chicken is full of flavour and is also low in fat and calories. Serve with potato wedges and salad.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Mains
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 tsp sunflower oil
Cajun spice mix
- 5 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2tsp thyme
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- Start by making the Cajun spice mix. Put all the herbs and spices into a small jar and seal tightly with a lid. Shake to mix well.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper and beat with a rolling pin to flatten the chicken until it is about 1.5cm thick.
- Spice 1 teaspoon of the spice mix over each chicken breast.
- Brush a grilled pan or non-stick frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken breasts for 2 minutes, then turn and cook the other d=side for a further 2 minutes. Finish by cooking the chicken for 1 more minute on each side until cooked through. There should be no pink remaining.
- Put the chicken breasts on a plate to rest for 3-4 minutes
The spice mix can be stored in a cool, dark place for several weeks.
Keywords: Low FODMAP