Butternut Squash Soup
This butternut squash soup is packed full of flavour and the chilli gives it a bit of a kick. You can substitute the butternut squash for 800g sweet potatoes if you prefer. Serve with a wholemeal or seeded roll.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Soup
- Diet: Low Calorie
- 1 butternut squash, deseeded, peeled, and chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 190g chorizo, skin removed and sliced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1.8 litres chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 red chill, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp low-fat yogurt (optional)
- Put a large non-stick stock pan on a high heat and add the olive oil. Add all the chopped vegetables, chorizo, and curry powder. Mix together with a wooden spoon and cook for 10 minutes with the lid askew, stirring regularly.
- add the stock to the vegetables and stir well. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Use a hand blender to blend to a smooth consistency and season to taste..
- Serve garnished with chilli.
F&V 2, P 0.75, Fats 0.25, Extras 6 kcals
- Calories: 201 kcals
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3.0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Protein: 8.4g
Keywords: Healthy Soup