Spicy Parsnip Soup
This is a delicious soup that is easy to make. It is low in calories and saturated fat and high in fibre.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Diet: Low Fat
- 30g Olive Spread
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1.2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 100ml Skimmed milk
- salt and pepper
- Melt the olive spread in a large saucepan, add the onion, garlic, parsnips, and potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Toss well until well coated. Cover and cook over gentle heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder and the hot stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the parsnip and potato is cooked.
- Using a hand blender, blitz until smooth.
- Add the milk and correct the seasoning.
Carbs 0.5, Fruit & Veg 2, fats 0.5
- Serving Size: 164ml
- Calories: 157kcals
- Sugar: 8.4g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 3.8g
Keywords: Low Fat soup